Privacy Confidential Information
GloBeam’s policy is to protect the confidentiality of the individually identifiable information that you provide, and we limit access to that information only to those with a need to know. GloBeam collects the following information from you to prevent identity theft and fraud: name, birth date, email addresses, phone numbers, last four digits of your official ID number, last four digits of your tax ID number, zip code of your home address, and country of your home address. Except for fraud prevention and investigation purposes, GloBeam does not disclose any of the collected information unless: (a)you grant GloBeam permission to do so; or(b) GloBeam is requested or required to do so by law. GloBeam does not sell any of the collected information.
GloBeam may aggregate or deidentify any personal data that we collect in connection with our services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. GloBeam may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
GloBeam logs your current Internet address (this is usually a temporary address assigned by your Internet service provider when you log in), the type of operating system you are using, and the type of browser software used. In addition, GloBeam may keep track of what portions of the website or mobile app you are visiting. GloBeam aggregates this information to help GloBeam improve or create a better experience for users of the website or mobile app. For example: GloBeam may upgrade those parts of the website or mobile app that are heavily visited.
Our website and mobile app automatically records usage information that we analyze statistically to track operational problems, to prevent fraud and to improve the effectiveness, security and integrity of the website and mobile app. We do not use this information to track or record information about individuals. We will disclose this information to third parties only in aggregate form or as may be required by law. For each page that you visit, we collect and store the following technical information in what is called a server log file:
- Date and time of access
- URL address of the GloBeam webpage visited
- Internet domain and IP address from which our website was accessed
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website (if provided by the browser)
- URL address of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Completion or success status of the request for a web page or other on-line item
- File size of the webpage visited
A cookie is a piece of information that a website sends to your computer, which is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie does not tell us your individual identity unless you have chosen to provide it to us. Most cookies expire after a defined period of time.
- “Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve website navigation, block website visitors from providing information where inappropriate and to collect aggregate statistical information on a website. These cookies are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
- “Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there until you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer so that we can, for example, retrieve information you have previously provided(such as passwords); better determine what areas of the website you find most valuable; and customize the website based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
- You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar technologies(collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some website pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things: track the online activity of website users and email recipients (including activity on other Websites); determine the success of marketing campaigns; and compile aggregate statistics about website usage and response rates.
Personally Identifiable Information
The preceding paragraphs describe the categories of personally identifiable information that GloBeam collects. If you wish to change personally identifiable information that you have provided GloBeam, please change it through your GloBeam account.
GloBeam may disclose personally identifiable information you provide to third parties if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a)prevent fraud; (b)comply with legal process; (c)fulfil the service agreement; (d)respond to claims that any information you provide violates the rights of third parties; (e)protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GloBeam, its users and/or the public; or(f) in relation to the sale, assignment, transfer or acquisition of all or substantially all of GloBeam’s assets or shares by a third party.
GloBeam does not use encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of its website or mobile app, but uses encryption on portions where you are providing data through our website or mobile app. When you are on any website or mobile app that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
Children and Minors
GloBeam makes no active effort to collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and does not wish to receive any such information.
Your Rights, Including Access, Deletion, and Opt-Out:
You have the right to delete all personal information about you which GloBeam has collected about you by closing your account with GloBeam.
For further information on Privacy matters contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: May 16, 2021